Built in 1916, this semi detached row house in the Woodley Park are of Washington DC was largely untouched and in need of complete renovation. A number of different options were explored for expanding the house within the confines of zoning and deed restrictions.
A bright, expanded kitchen space was added and doors from the kitchen and living room open the house to the garden. Permeable pavers planted with grass create a garden area that can be used for parking. The bedrooms were reconfigured and a new master bathroom and dressing are were added.
Construction was completed in 2014.